Monday, February 2, 2009

tHe woRd oF GOD

Today I was reading a book called Vintage Church. During my reading I came across Matthew 18:20- "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” How many of you have heard this verse at church, during prayer, before a Bible study, etc? I know I have! I have never researched the verse but I have always wondered about it. I just new that it meant if I am with another believe Jesus is there and we are having a "church" moment (A Emergent Church Idea that I disagree with--Church is meant to be with a body of believers and not just with your buddy at the shooting range on Sunday morning. Remember- God is with you when you gather and He is also with you when you are alone. I always thought that passage sounded weird regarding prayer, church, etc.)

I will say this, many Churches have mis-represented this passage! This verse is in reference to church discipline. Maybe this comes to a surprise to some of you. The sad thing is that it came to a surprise to me. My heart breaks for the church who teaches this incorrectly, who has leaders who are misleading the flock, and the lack of preachers who preach the true Word! Pray for the church today. Pray that God will light a fire in the heart of preachers, pastors, and teachers everywhere to be Godly men that will teach the Bible and not what someone else has told them!

I thank God for allowing me to have the heart to open up my Bible and see the truth!

Click this link to read the whole passage, click here

1 Comments:

Blogger fromthedust said...

After writing this and thinking about this all day. I finally realized that my professors at Moody did talk about this passage. I am glad that I studied it again and I am now sure that I will not forget. I love the Word!

February 18, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home