Monday, December 1, 2008

wOw

Have you ever heard this saying at church, "Love the sinner but hate the sin."? I know I have and I think I have even used it before. Did you know that the Hingu Gandhi coined that phrase in is 1929 bibliography and it never cam from Scripture or even a Christian theologian. Interesting!?! Because God really does hate rapist (sinner/ evildoer) as much as he does the rape (sin).

You [God] hate all evildoers (Ps. 55)
Jacob I loved, Esau I hated (Rom 9:13)

Just some thoughts on what I read this morning in Death by Love and I was definitely convicted. So, interesting how we have coined a phrase from a pagan religion because it sounds good. I am realizing more and more how the Word of God is so much sharper than I realized.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But as Christians isn't it our job to show compassion? If we all hated the sinners we would hate everyone would we not?

December 13, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home